Ubuntu is among the most favorite version of Linux operating system and due to the fact that it is available for free, the number of users it’s having are in millions of numbers. In this guide here I’m going to share a tutorial that will let you download WhatsApp for Ubuntu OS and I’m sure you’re going to find the guide easy to remember and simple enough to follow.
Ubuntu (Linux) OS doesn’t have BlueStacks software ready or any other Android emulator which are there for Windows and Mac platforms. Due to this reason users are finding tough to get their hands on Android apps on their Ubuntu OS running computer. But I’m going to share a guide here now that will let you do the installation easily for free.
Also read – WhatsRemote Review: WhatsApp for PC
Download WhatsApp for Ubuntu
You need to follow the below mentioned steps directly to do the installation. The installation process is little complex if you compare to that of Windows or Mac platform but still you will find success in performing this.
I’ve tried using WhatsApp on my laptop computer running Ubuntu itself and I found success in doing that. I was easily able to use this most popular messaging application for free but there is one thing which I wish to share with you. You should use different phone number while installation of WhatsApp on your computer using this method (not the same phone number with which you’ve setup on your phone). This is due to that fact that it allow only one phone number to be associated to one device.
Now I’m starting with the installation steps. Following are the simple steps you need to follow to get the job done.
- Visit this URL (Official) to download Android SDK for Linux platform.
- Now after the download is completed then bring the compressed file to the home and then unzip it.
- Open folder ‘Android-sdk-linux’ and then move into ‘Tools’ folder. Then you’ll find executable file, double click on that.
- Installation of Android SDK will begin now and you need to follow few on screen instructions. Now click on Tools and then select Android 2.3.3.
- Now click on ‘Install Package’ option and then choose ‘Accept All’ option. Lastly click on ‘install’ option to complete the procedure.
- Installation will be completed within few minutes and then you need to setup the Android OS. Go to Menu, select Tools and then select ‘Manage AVD’s’ option over there.
- Now click on ‘New’ and complete the labels i.e. fill up the data. See screen shot below to know recommended settings.
- Click on ‘Create AVD’ now and on the next window, click on ‘Ok’ option. Now select ‘Android 2.3’ AVD you just created now and click on ‘Start’ option to make it running.
- You’ll be able to see Android OS running on your computer now. Using the search option, find out ‘WhatsApp’ and then perform the installation as you did it on your Android phone.
- Once WhatsApp is there then you need to set it up using different phone number (as explained above) and you’ll be done with the process.
This is all you need to do to download WhatsApp for Ubuntu OS. Don’t forget to share this guide with your friends using this particular OS.